Duram SHOWERSEAL is a clear, high pH, deep penetrating siloxane / silane waterproofing solution. SHOWERSEAL penetrates in to the tissue of the porous substrate and creates a barrier, below the surface, to prevent the ingress of water. SHOWERSEAL is an effective waterproofing solution and stops leaks without lifting tiles or changing the overall appearance of the surface. Duram Showerseal is therefore a quick, easy and economic method of ‘stopping leaks in showers’.
SHOWERSEAL is capable of withstanding high pH conditions such as found in new concrete, sand / cement beds and lime based mortars. SHOWERSEAL still allows the diffusion of vapours or ‘breathing’ ability of the substrate.
The properties of Duram SHOWERSEAL make it ideal for:
- Sealing of leaking showers or other wet areas without lifting tiles.
- Waterproofing external concrete, render, brick, block walls, FC sheeting, sandstone and porous pavers.
- Prevention of efflorescence (white salt spotting or leaching).
- Protection of sandstone.
- General rain water barrier.
Duram SHOWERSEAL is suitable for the following porous substrates if applied as per data sheets.
- Tiled showers and other wet areas.
- External tiled areas such as decks, terraces and balconies.